Google
Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! dealdotcom

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Key Board Shortcuts

I am an internet junkie and most of my friends call me the "shortcut-girl" since I know a number of keyboard shortcuts. To help some of my friends, I have posted shortcuts that are widely used.

Windows program key combinations

CTRL+C: Copy
CTRL+X: Cut
CTRL+V: Paste
CTRL+Z: Undo
CTRL+B: Bold
CTRL+U: Underline
CTRL+I: Italic

Shell objects and general folder/Windows Explorer shortcuts

For a selected object:
F2: Rename object
F3: Find all files
CTRL+X: Cut
CTRL+C: Copy
CTRL+V: Paste
SHIFT+DELETE: Delete selection immediately, without moving the item to the Recycle Bin
ALT+ENTER: Open the properties for the selected object

To copy a file

Press and hold down the CTRL key while you drag the file to another folder.

To create a shortcut

Press and hold down CTRL+SHIFT while you drag a file to the desktop or a folder.

The Link:

If you want more shortcuts, click the link. It contains all Windows shortcuts.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449

No comments: