Google
Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! dealdotcom

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Welcome Year 2008

Resolutions. These are the ones we always hear at the start of a year. For me, no matter what the time is, we can set goals at anytime of the year. It just so happens that the start of the year has this feeling of having a new beginning, having a fresh start that is why most make their vows at this time of the year. There is always a room for improvement.

This is a list of things I want to accomplish this year (the list may be edited as time goes by):

  • I want to have a healthy looking hair.
  • I must have clean and polished nails at all times.
  • Wear my best smile as much as possible.
  • Improve my very bad posture.
  • Drink more than 8 glasses of water a day.
  • Exercise daily.
  • When dressing up, I must do my best, look my best.
  • Have a healthy skin.

If you have noticed those promises written above may seem to be shallow. All of them cover the only for the physical attributes of a person. What I am going to write next is something I have to reflect upon since it has something to do with my inner self. Be prepared for a little bit of drama. I am warning you!

One word to describe 2007 for me is Roller coaster. The past year was the most difficult year for me so far. It opened me to events that I never really imagined that would happen to me. The preceding period rolled me and smashed me into pieces just like a ceramic ball. I have been hurt a lot of times. This was the year that I experienced a lot of my first. I am going to admit that indeed I had fun but nonetheless the exasperation in spite of everything surfaced up. There was a time of year that I was so angry to everything and everyone because I don’t really know to whom I should be mad at. There was a turning point that I was blaming the Man up there.

After some time, I have grasped the message that He wanted me to understand. It was up to me on how I would look at things. I can cry to let things out but I should not let it be that way. I can have my outlet but then I need to look at things and tell myself to stop crying and to move on. Weeping alone won’t lead me anywhere good. Hey, you can cry all day but wipe those tears and stand up tomorrow!

Getting up once more… This is a phrase that would describe how I look at year 2008. For some reasons, I feel good about this year. I have a positive feeling that this would be a lot better than 2007. Say goodbye to 2007 and hello to 2008! This doesn’t mean that I will leave everything in 2007, I would use everything I experienced and learned from the past year and use them to improve during the present year.

1. Improve thy attitude!

This may be small issue to others but I find cursing not really useful to our daily life. Those words should not be remembered again. I have been kind of a stuck-up during the latter part of the previous year. Some may be jokes but I think most of the comments that I have given were pretty harsh. This is also something I should work on.

2. Work on relationships

This year I want to make sure that I will be a better daughter and a better sister. Another relationship that I should work on is with my friends. I am not the cheesy thoughtful type of a friend but I must make sure that I let them feel how much I appreciate them. I nearly lost another relationship of mine. One that used to be so strong and I am willing t get it back. I am very sorry Lord but I am coming back. I’m coming back to the heart of worship.

3. Focus on my ambition

I must widen my vocabulary. I have so much to learn. One activity that I can do to improve on this is to read and write…I have to take note of my goals in my head at all times. All hard work today would pay off in the end. I should remember this: Work before play!

4. Think Positive!

When you think about it, there is no need for people to complain because the truth is we are so blessed. We have more than what we need. Our blessing exceeded the rim of the glass already. I am going to share to you a site at the bottom of this entry that has something to with this. I am inviting you to join and spread the word. The less we complain the better we feel about ourselves and the better persons we turn out to be and this equation is equal to a better world.

The list was long. It is impossible for one to change in just one day. I know that it will take time but I have the whole 2008 for it. The tip is to think first before I say or do something. In that way, I would avoid breaking these resolutions of mine. I will take this one step at a time and when I make another set of resolutions I will look back at this entry and smile for what I have accomplished.

Here is the link for this post:

I have mentioned above that the site I am going to share with you has something to do with lessening our complaints. This is what is written in their website:


Change Your Words, Transform Your Life

Your thoughts create your world and your words indicate your thoughts. When you eliminate complaining from your life you will enjoy happier relationships, better health and greater prosperity. This simple program helps you set a trap for your own negativity and redirect your mind towards a more positive and rewarding life.

A Complaint Free World, inc. is a non-profit, non-religious entity which provides purple bracelets and other materials to help people affect positive change in their lives. We are in the process of creating additional programs for adults and children which support our mission and vision of creating a world of positive cooperation.

I am going to start this no-complaining-for 21-days Routine. It takes 21 days to form a new habit meaning, if we exceed 21 days without complaining, you will have a complaint free life and if we spread the word to everyone else we would have a complaint free world. Join me as I take this journey of mine.

http://www.acomplaintfreeworld.org/aboutus.html

No comments: